Organizer Chris McPherson, Partner/Senior Software Engineer at Firefly, says, "If I know our Geek community, Nashville is a perfect fit for this kind of event and it's going to be a total blast..."
Nashville GiveCamp will be held the weekend of January 14-16, 2011, at a location to be announced.
Chris is looking for candidate charities, sponsors, and of course, coders and other geeks:
- Charities with projects that a small (but mighty) team can pull off in a weekend.
- Coders, designers, project managers, DBA's and mentors (We need Geeks!).
- Event sponsors.
- Organizers and folks who "get things done".
- Prizes and snacks to keep those dedicated teams working through the night.
- Help getting the word out about GiveCamp.
If you know a company who might like to sponsor Nashville GiveCamp, or provide some of the items listed above, give them the heads up. If you're a coder, designer or other geeky type, get in the game! Know a great local charity with a busted website, running their membership database from a 1991 educational copy of Excel? Hook 'em up!
For the most up-to-date news about Nashville GIveCamp, follow @nashgivecamp on Twitter.
Twitter hashtag: #nashgivecamp